lovely

Friday, December 4, 2009

Festival of Trees


The festival of trees is a huge happening in Utah. People, businesses, churches, anyone, can decorate and donate a tree. Then, other businesses and people from the community buy the trees. All the money goes to the primary childrens hospital in Salt Lake City. Some of the trees are tributes to people who have passed away and they tell a story about that person. They are all really well done and I look forward to it every year. Our playgroup decorates a tree of the festival every year. It's a great cause and lots of fun to do. This year my dad donated his rocking horses. He is so talented and we appreciate all his hard work and generosity. The trees turned out great. Thanks dad!!
We had lots of fun decorating the tree and also attending the festival and seeing all the trees, wreaths, gingerbread houses and crafts. The kids had fun playing the games, and the bubble machine is always a favorite. There is just something about having a bubble surround you I guess (I was a little jealous). We brought Jeremiah with us this year since this will be our last year in Utah. I thought I might have talked it up too much, but he was amazed and had a great time!


















2 comments:

christian@dontdodumbthings.com said...

25 years in Utah, and I've never been. Those exhibits are spectacular.

And, of course, you're right that "There is just something about having a bubble surround you"

which is why I'm buying one of those machines to have in my house. Soon I will be surrounded by a bubble every day.

Going to be great to have you guys back here for good.

Rebecca said...

that looks REALLY cool. i bet your kids were in heaven (you too). we're excited to have you guys back in ABQ pretty soon! i'll also put in a plug for moving to the west side- we'd love to have you guys over here!

About Me

My photo
Well, this is our family. Jeremiah and I have been married 9 years. We have 3 kids (Wendel 7 and Reagan 4 and William 2). We live in Albuquerque and love New Mexico. Jeremiah is an Attorney and I work part time as a nurse, but am home with the kids for the most part. We have a beautiful family and feel so blessed to have each other and our children:)