lovely

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Wendel's World


For anyone who doesn't know Wendel that well, he has a great imagination. From about the time he was 2 1/2 he has had some imaginary friends. Their names are Guy and Butter. He's recently added another one...Cochroach. Whenever we tell him "no you can't do that" or "no that can't really happen" he quickly replies "well Guys mom lets him do that" or "Butter did it." I think he's got the art of manipulation down already and he's only 3! I'm a little worried:) I figured that I would include some of the funny stories about him in this blog. I think they are hilarious, but I AM his mom:)

This winter after getting bundled up to go out in the snow, Wendel said "I'm so fat. I don't want to be fat. Don't let me get fat for real okay mommy?" He stomped around chanting this over and over.

Wendel had some friend over and they were playing upstairs in his room. Next thing I knew, Wendel strutted downstairs completely naked. I scolded him and got him redressed. When I asked him what he was doing, he said very matter-of-factly "I was just being underwear man, and then underwear man transformed into naked man." He loves playing superheros and is usually batman, superman or exoman....I had never heard of underwear man.

The other day we were playing downstairs and Wendel said "Shhh, I think I hear Sprinkles crying." Sprinkles is his stuffed lion. He came downstairs with a baby and said "it actually wasn't sprinkles, it was this one and I think she's hungry. He then proceeded to lift up his shirt and nurse the pretend baby. "This is how I feed my babies to." He even burped it after. I didn't know whether to be weirded out or think it was cute:)

Before we went to Las Vegas we were saying prayers and I said "bless the car that it won't have any car problems on our trip." Wendel asked "What are car problems?" I gave him examples like a flat tire or when you can't get your car to start. He said "Those are not car problems mom, those sound more like people problems."

Wendel sneezed and said "I bless me, I mean I just achoo-ed, I mean I did that cough thing." "A sneeze" I asked. "Yeah, that's the word I did."

Wendels Business idea: A wrestling place for kids. All the kids get free balloons. He would sell corndogs, cotton candy and soda "to keep everyones energy" and the kids would wrestle. I personally think he might have something here if only we can get some financial backing:) He also included that babies could come watch "I will put up a sign so everyone knows it's okay."

Wendel new favorite thing is Star Wars. He's decided that he wants to be a Jedi when he grows up....or a storm trooper because "they look super cool."

"Did you know if a guy swallowed a sword, he would die?.....I'm serious mom...it's not a joke." --April 2008

I was putting Wendel to bed and he didn't want to say prayers. We talked about how not saying our prayers would make Heavenly Father sad and we need to say prayers and thank him for all we have. I told him that everything we have is from Heavenly Father....his toys, clothes, our house, our family...everything. I said everything that is on Earth was made by Heavenly Father. Wendel sat very quietly for a while and then said, "Oh, I didn't know that....Heavenly Father must be very, very tired." That boy is soooo cute!---April 2008

4 comments:

Jan said...

pokmnhjjjjjjp7dddddddddddddffrrrrrrr rrrrr eeeeeep0iuyhjvcxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx76
pokqerghjuy7
mdo0kxaaKK44
-KALLYN

Jan said...

Kallyn got so excited to see a picture of Wendel and hear what he's been up to. He's quite the little smarty! She tells me all the time that she misses her "Querque" friends.
Do you guys have plans for the summer? We are hoping to find out about internships next week. But I am sooooooo glad the semester's almost over!!!! Hip Hip Horay!!!
-Janalee

Tessy said...

yay! hi!

Kara said...

I love that boy! I'm so excited that you guys are going to be in Albq this summer! (you still are, right??) And I'm almost just as excited that you figured out your blog! ;)

About Me

My photo
Well, this is our family. Jeremiah and I have been married 9 years. We have 3 kids (Wendel 7 and Reagan 4 and William 2). We live in Albuquerque and love New Mexico. Jeremiah is an Attorney and I work part time as a nurse, but am home with the kids for the most part. We have a beautiful family and feel so blessed to have each other and our children:)