I must admit, I used to hate playdough. It's so messy, and it always gets mixed together and dried out. I'm now trying to change my ways because the kids love it. Wendel loves coloring, building, legos, anything artsy, so I'm trying to encourage him. I discovered a really fun and semi-clean project with playdough recently. We have tons of tiny stamps that we never use because.....they are too messy:) Anyway, now we use them to make imprints in the playdough (no ink= happy mom). The kids have loved it and will play for an hour making pictures. I recommend this to all moms out there. Here are some pics. I got some of Wendel and Reagan and their concentration faces. This playdough is serious business.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Playdough
I must admit, I used to hate playdough. It's so messy, and it always gets mixed together and dried out. I'm now trying to change my ways because the kids love it. Wendel loves coloring, building, legos, anything artsy, so I'm trying to encourage him. I discovered a really fun and semi-clean project with playdough recently. We have tons of tiny stamps that we never use because.....they are too messy:) Anyway, now we use them to make imprints in the playdough (no ink= happy mom). The kids have loved it and will play for an hour making pictures. I recommend this to all moms out there. Here are some pics. I got some of Wendel and Reagan and their concentration faces. This playdough is serious business.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- carrie
- Well, this is our family. Jeremiah and I have been married 9 years. We have 3 kids (Wendel 7 and Reagan 4 and William 2). We live in Albuquerque and love New Mexico. Jeremiah is an Attorney and I work part time as a nurse, but am home with the kids for the most part. We have a beautiful family and feel so blessed to have each other and our children:)
11 comments:
That's a good idea! Maybe I will have to bust out my stamps. I don't know if I am that nice though.
I finally found a bribe that is working on Aiden to get him to sit on the toilet, Kangaroo Zoo with Wendel when he is potty trained, haha! (I hope you are up to it)
That's such a great idea! I am so with you on the whole messes thing so that's a great way to compromise!
Oh man! Totally hate Playdough.
Hey! So I hope you don't mind, but I saw your comment on the Barne's site and saw that you guys have a blog...hope you don't mind that I hopped on over to see it. :-) Wendell is the best in Primary. He really is fun to play with and even just observe. He cracks me up!
play dough is the best...my kindergartners STILL love it. amazing stuff!!! :)
Hey guys, just wanted to say hello! You all look well! How is school going? 1 more year, right? Next time we're in UT we'll look you up. Shoot us an email with your 801 number - cashdollarfamily@gmail.com Dave $
I can't believe how big Reagan is! Wow! What a cutie!
Wow! It has been a long time since I have seen you. We should get together sometime soon! Reagan is getting so big and her hair is so cute!
Hey! It has been a very long time. It has been forever since I have seen Wendel. He was probably like 6 months old or something. Yikes! Reagan is adorable too! So cute. Hope you guys are doing well.
happy late b-day!! i can still remember your b-day after all these years!
Hey Carrie- No problem at all about last THursday! I am glad you called, actually, because that's what neighbors are for and it was fun to get to know the kids better (they were gems, by the way. I think Regan sat completely still on my lap for at least 20 minutes. Logan has NEVER done that!).
Oh, and by the way...every time I stop by I NEVER have noticed the mess. I can hardly see inside anyway, so there!
Post a Comment